The growth hormone can have some negative effects on the body when it is present in excess or in insufficient quantities.
Excess growth hormone
Human Growth Hormone (HGH) at recommended doses has greatly helped reduce age-related problems for those who in their later years of age. However, unrestricted use of injections or HGH supplements has side effects and can lead to health problems. It is especially dangerous if taken without the supervision and advice of a doctor.
Besides one of the most common causes of excess growth hormone in the body is a benign tumor in the front of the pituitary gland. This is a benign adenoma consisting of somatotrophic cells. As the adenoma grows in size, it produces an increasing amount of growth hormone.
Some of the side effects of excess growth hormone cause side effects, such as:
- Carpal tunnel syndrome: A syndrome that manifests itself in the form of pain and numbness in the limbs, in particular leads to a loss of the ability to move the brush. This is due to the fact that when the muscle increases in volume, they compress the peripheral nerves. This side effect is in itself not dangerous and removal occurs at a lower dose. This syndrome usually occurs in athletes, bodybuilders.
- Increased Sweating: The growth hormone also increases sweating in some cases. Those who are not in the habit of exercise may see heightened effects.
- High Blood Sugar: Increased in FBS (Fasting Blood Sugar) is another side effect. This is the reason why diabetics should take the advice of doctors before going on an HGH course.
- Swelling: The swelling of the legs and hands is another common side effect. The most common reason for this is an overdose and is usually rectified by lowering the dose.
- Insomnia: Administration of human growth hormone may lead to insomnia. Some of the users of HGH have reported difficulty in sleeping even when they are feeling tired. This happens when the human growth hormone is taken as an aid to building muscles and without the recommendation of the doctor.
- Stiffness: Sometimes, the human growth hormone also results in stiffness, particularly in the joints.
- Acromegaly: This is a disease that occurs as a result of the abuse of growth hormone and causes an unnatural growth of the bones. There is an increase in the hands, feet, nose, lower jaw, eyebrows. In addition, the voice becomes coarse, joints begin to hurt, their mobility decreases. When the correct dosage is a side effect does not occur.
- Increase in the abdomen: Symptoms usually appear in athletes, bodybuilders who take the drug in high doses.
- Gynecomastia: breast enlargement in men.
Growth hormone deficiency
The consequences of growth hormone deficiency in the body depend on the person’s age. For example, if such a deficiency occurs in childhood, this can lead to the following problems:
- Stunted growth
- Mental retardation
- Features of the bone structure
- Delayed puberty
If growth hormone deficiency is present in adults, this can lead to an increase in body fat and a decrease in muscle mass. The level of energy, libido, and, consequently, the quality of life are also reduced.
The aforementioned side effects can occur in case of uncontrolled use of synthetic growth hormone injections or counterfeit products. Hower, natural HGH supplements have certain benefits and are safe for your health. This is because these products contain only natural ingredients that help increase the body’s own production of growth hormone naturally.
The above side effects are also conditional and reversible with the change of the dose or the HGH product. Most of the health and medical associations of the world have given a clean chit to human growth hormone as far as safety is concerned. Nevertheless, the advice of the doctor should always be used before starting a course of growth hormone.