Every person wants to feel vigorous and healthy so that their body functions properly. To do this, you need to eat right. Currently, there are many different diets aimed at losing weight and improving the body. But no matter how wonderful the diet is, its effects and results will be short-lived. If a person returns to his previous diet, he very quickly loses the achieved results.
The basics of proper nutrition must be taken into account when formulating a healthy diet. After all, it doesn’t matter what your goal is: you want to lose weight, improve your health, keep your youth, or just take care of your family and your own body – this is a good undertaking. By consuming the right food, you are taking the first step towards detoxifying your body and improving your own health.
What are the rules of good nutrition, how to make them perceived as an integral part of a healthy lifestyle? For many, this question is important and relevant.
What is Good Nutrition?
However, it is not easy to find a specific definition of the formulation of what good nutrition is and what its basic rules are. In different sources, experts in this field give different formulations. But the most complete definition can be something like this: proper nutrition is a balanced diet that includes high-quality natural products that provide the body with all the necessary nutrients useful for full-fledged life. According to Wikipedia and other similar sources, such food helps to promote health and helps prevent disease.
One of the most famous adherents of proper nutrition is Dr. Herbert M. Shelton, a renowned American naturopath, alternative medicine advocate, and writer who studied this topic and advocated the idea that the body needs only natural products. In addition, Herbert M. Shelton wrote a lot about how useful separate nutrition is, the essence of which is the separate consumption of foods that, according to the adherents of this theory, are incompatible.
For example, protein foods cannot be combined with carbohydrate foods, fats should not be combined with proteins, etc. This theory is still very popular among modern nutritionists. However, some experts argue that it is not so much a separate diet that is beneficial, but the healthy food diet that this method provides.
Healthy Eating Rules
Those who are interested in where to start with healthy eating should realize that such a practice involves following a number of rules. Therefore, before making a healthy menu, you need to get acquainted with the theory. There are important rules for beginners that define the basics of good eating.
Food is primarily the basis of life, it provides the body with energy. This is its main purpose, and only then is food a ritual and pleasure for a person.
Motivation is very important in order to switch to healthy eating. It should be not only a desire to lose weight, but also the realization that a proper diet will help to halt the aging process, prevent a large number of dangerous diseases, and improve cognitive abilities.
Realizing that healthy eating is a guarantee of health, a person should also be aware that such a system does not allow for compromises. You need to give up junk food completely, and not for a while. The importance of this principle is undeniable, as is the transition to the correct methods of cooking – food must be baked, stewed, and boiled.
It is very important to verify the information. On the Internet, you can find a wide variety of nutritional advice and advice on what you can and cannot eat for those looking to switch to a healthy diet. But it is important to understand that not all articles and not every site contain verified and adequate information. Therefore, it is very important to seek professional advice from doctors, scientific documentaries, and other authoritative sources from which information can and should be drawn. It is equally important to read reviews and adequately assess the recommendations that are given by those who practice healthy eating food rules.
More information on the principles of healthy eating can be found in any thematic presentation or report. There are also special video courses that will help you learn more about this system.
How to create a healthy nutrition menu
To make it easier to switch to a healthy lifestyle and adherence to proper nutrition, it is necessary to draw up a rough menu of healthy eating for a certain period of time. It is not difficult to compose an approximate daily menu for several days in advance if you take into account the corresponding recipes, and clearly understand what this diet is.
The system of healthy eating provides that the menu for any period of time – daily, weekly, for a month, is drawn up in accordance with the basic principles of healthy nutrition:
- The nutritional value of products is calculated according to the ratio of calories, carbohydrates, proteins, and fats. The options may vary, but this correspondence must be taken into account.
- You need to eat often. In this case, the serving size should be small.
- The science of dietetics, within which proper nutrition is also studied, provides that a person must eat in a balanced and varied manner. The combination of products should be such as to ensure good digestibility.
- Variety is very important for the body to get all the ingredients it needs. This principle is important for both the student and the adult. Plus, having a varied menu helps you adapt to these principles without getting lost halfway through.
- A drinking regime is no less important. Drink at least 2 liters of water a day. A person notices the advantages of sufficient consumption of pure water very soon, as this helps to accelerate metabolic processes and helps prevent dehydration.
By adhering to these conditions, you will very soon begin to notice positive changes both in health and in appearance.
It is important to take into account some important factors to compose the menu and determine the optimal daily calorie intake. First of all, the fact that food should be balanced. That is, the calorie content of food should correspond to how much energy a person consumes. The total daily calorie content depends on what purpose is being pursued. The desire to lose weight in order to remove the belly and improve the figure, or an attempt to keep yourself in optimal shape.
Men consume more calories per day than women: if the calorie intake for women is about 2200 per day, then for men it is 2600-2800 kcal. Athletes who have a busy schedule of physical activity can increase their calorie intake by about one and a half times.
However, the essence of good nutrition is not only about sticking to calorie norms, but also about including healthy foods in the diet.
How to prepare healthy food?
The nutritional formula is really simple. There is no need to buy expensive products, it is enough to choose fresh and natural ones. Most important is how they will be prepared and consumed.
When preparing breakfast, lunch, dinner, it is necessary to correctly process products thermally. Indeed, with prolonged processing, the benefits of the product are lost. Therefore, it is necessary to choose such cooking options that provide for minimal heat treatment. For example, you can cook porridge for breakfast by bringing whole grain cereals to a boil and leaving them to infuse for a while.
The consumption of fried food is also best kept to a minimum, and ideally completely eliminated. After all, any fried dish is more harmful than healthy. Such food is harmful to the stomach and, moreover, contains a lot of fat and carcinogens. For lunch, instead of fried food, prepare a stew, or use a steamer to prepare the perfect lunch or dinner for proper nutrition. Numerous options for such dishes will help to make the menu varied.
Thus, the basic rules for preparing dishes on the rational nutrition menu are as follows: food must be boiled, stewed, baked, and steamed.
When composing a healthy diet, it is necessary to include foods from all food groups. This will provide the body with everything it needs and prevent the deficiency of minerals and vitamins. It is better to describe an approximate diet since at first this will simplify the process of purchasing food and help to ensure a varied diet. Later on, meal planning becomes a habit, and a weekly meal plan will make grocery shopping and menu planning easier.
- A complete healthier diet must necessarily include:
- vegetables, fruits, herbs;
- whole-grain bread, whole-grain cereals;
- milk products;
- lean meat;
- nuts, seeds;
- vegetable oils.
The so-called food pyramid will help to correctly form the menu in quantitative proportions.
Features of food intake
In observing the principles of proper nutrition, the timing of meals is also very important. The daily regimen must be designed so that you eat at about the same time, eat often, and little by little. Here are the basic conditions:
- This scheme provides for a compulsory breakfast. In the morning, the body has a particularly active metabolism, so you can eat protein dishes or foods rich in complex carbohydrates for breakfast. For example, in the morning you can cook porridge with dried fruits, omelet with vegetables, yogurt with fruits, etc. A proper breakfast is a guarantee of health and well-being.
- For lunch, such a diet involves the consumption of protein dishes – fish or meat with stewed vegetables or salads from herbs and seasonal vegetables. Light soup will also be useful for lunch.
- For dinner, it is best to have greens, stewed vegetables, boiled fish.
- In general, the nutritional program should be designed so that fresh vegetables and fruits are present on the table every day. Although fruit is best eaten at the latest.
- It is very important to practice split meals. Dietetics confirms that the best option is to eat 5-6 times a day. In this case, the portions should be small, and the snacks should be healthy. For lunch or an afternoon snack, you can eat a small portion of yogurt, fruit, a few nuts. Before going to bed, you can drink a little kefir or eat an apple.
Such a schedule will help to normalize metabolic processes and ensure the correct approach to eating. You will not feel very hungry between meals. In addition, a fractional meal will help restore the normal state of the nervous system, normalize sleep, and improve physical health indicators.
A memo for those who live by the principle of “losing weight on proper nutrition” or simply want to change their eating habits for the better. This memo also contains recommendations for a drinking regime.
Above all, it is important to stay hydrated, as thirst can easily be confused with hunger. Dietitians are more likely to always give advice on what to drink as much as possible. But in this case, we are talking about the consumption of pure water. Always drink slowly, in small sips, and often. If you read the advice of nutritionists, then they also mention water with a small amount of lemon juice – it is advised to drink it in order to improve digestion.
Within a day, the body loses 2-3 liters of fluid. Therefore, liquid reserves must be restored by consuming at least 2 liters of clean water.
The ratio of proteins, fats and carbohydrates in the diet
Macronutrients are proteins, carbohydrates, and fats that must be supplied to the body in the quantities that are optimal for it. Their optimal balance is an important factor in a healthy diet.
- Fats are important for the normal functioning of the nervous system, ensuring the synthesis of hormones and the optimal amount of vitamins. It is important that three-quarters of the fat in the diet is vegetable and only a quarter is of animal origin.
- Proteins are essential as essential building blocks for cells, in particular muscle tissue. With a lack of protein, the balance of hormones is disturbed and immunity and the process of tissue repair in the body deteriorate.
It is known that carbohydrates are the main source of energy for the body, in particular for the eating of the brain.
- Carbohydrates are classified into two categories – fast and slow. Dietetics explains that fast carbohydrates are very actively absorbed by the body, which subsequently breaks them down into glucose, and then transforms them into body fat. To process slow carbohydrates in the body, complex metabolic processes are triggered, which occur slowly. As a result, blood sugar levels gradually increase. The energy obtained in this way is consumed without provoking fat deposition. Fast carbohydrates include various sweets, pastries, sugar, high-calorie desserts, which are contraindicated in obesity. Slow carbs include bread and whole grains, a variety of vegetables, and unsweetened fruits.
As for what the daily balance of proteins, carbohydrates, and fats should be, then during the day you need to consume about 30-40% of proteins, 40-50% of carbohydrates, about 20% of fats. There are many different sources of information on the Internet with other data, but the indicated formula is optimal.
Does a balanced diet help you lose weight?
Any nutritional system for weight loss has a significant disadvantage. If the dietary weight loss program ends, and a person begins to eat as usual, then his excess weight very quickly returns to him.
The meaning of a balanced diet is that the diet of a person who has learned to eat properly does not change and remains so forever. Accordingly, excess weight does not accumulate, since when eating behavior is changed in the right direction, the balance of energy consumption and daily calorie intake is leveled, a person consumes healthier and more natural food. As a result, the figure remains slim.
And in order to lose weight, you just need to increase physical activity. It will be enough to perform a small set of specially selected exercises every day, include morning exercises in the daily routine, walk more, etc. Another suitable option is to reduce the number of calories consumed for a while and follow such a diet to get specific weight loss results.
The diet for weight loss should be followed until the optimal weight is reached.
Positive reviews from those who eat a balanced diet, comparative photos before and after those who have lost weight confirm that such a scheme makes it possible to achieve significant positive results. If you visit any thematic site or read the forum, you can conclude that when you switch to this type of diet and adequate physical activity, you can get rid of 5 kg of excess weight and even more in a month.
Of course, basic principles cannot be violated. But this does not mean that the diet for weight loss is overly strict. So that the process of losing weight with a healthy diet is not very difficult, you should adhere to some important principles.
First of all, you need to make an optimal diet for weight loss. You should build your diet and general daily schedule so that it is easy to adhere to such a scheme. Do not limit yourself in everything too fanatically. And after successfully completing the weight loss plan, you can make your menu less strict. However, it is still necessary to understand the importance of a healthy, balanced diet and not forget to adhere to its principles:
- When losing weight, it is not recommended and you should not even starve. The list of suitable food items is quite varied and wide. It includes meat, fish, dairy products, and other healthy foods. Those who stick to the basics of separate nutrition should choose compatible foods. Of course, prohibited foods and dishes such as semi-finished products, fast food, etc. must be permanently excluded from the diet.
- In the process of losing weight, it is necessary to slightly lower the total daily calorie intake in order to create a certain calorie deficit for a while. The table of calories can help to form a suitable optimal diet. This table shows the number of calories in staple foods. Any weight loss program for women or men is based on this chart. In addition, the calculation must take into account the food pyramid.
- The secrets of fast weight loss also consist in the fact that food for the day should be properly distributed, eating often and in small portions.
Good nutrition table
|Foods to be consumed daily.||Vegetables, cereals, legumes, cereals, fruits, fish, meat, dairy products, eggs.|
|Complex carbohydrates.||Brown rice, peas, bran, bulgur, oats, beans, lentils.|
|Cellulose.||Greens, berries, roots, cabbage, onions, pumpkin seeds, citrus fruits, algae.|
|Fats.||Unfried nuts, avocados, unrefined oils.|
|Proteins.||Low-fat veal, rabbit, chicken fillet, eggs, white fish, seafood, milk, fermented milk food|
Proper nutrition recipes
The numerous recipes shown in the photo, which can be easily found on many themed resources, will help provide delicious and very varied menu options for the whole family. Below are examples of dishes that you can diversify with your own imagination.
- For breakfast, you should use the whole cereals to cook a variety of cereals. They can be eaten with dried fruits or various nuts, or, if desired, with medium-fat milk. You can make an omelet from two eggs with the addition of fresh herbs, pepper, tomatoes. For those who prefer quick breakfasts, you can eat natural yogurt and banana. Toast lovers can cook with bran bread.
- There are even more options for lunch. Light vegetable soups and white fish soup are suitable for a daytime meal. For the second, you can cook stews and a variety of casseroles in a double boiler. Boiled meat with vegetables and baked fish, vegetable salad with the addition of eggs, or a small amount of low-fat cheese is suitable. It is important to understand that even pizza or pasta may well comply with the principles of good nutrition if prepared correctly.
- Lighter meals should be prepared for dinner. The ideal dish would be steamed vegetable stew with a small piece of boiled meat or lean fish. Dairy lovers can dine with kefir with a little toast or yogurt. You can cook cottage cheese casseroles with the addition of dried fruits and other interesting dishes. Online videos and tutorials with step-by-step recommendations will help you expand your knowledge of cooking healthy meals.
Basic rules of good nutrition
Therefore, basic rules must be adhered to to ensure a balanced diet for an adult or the entire family. When practicing healthy eating, you need to do the following:
- Completely exclude all types of semi-finished products, fast food, soda, canned food, snacks, confectionery, and other harmful products. You can not consume products containing glutamate, preservatives, sweeteners.
- Minimize the amount of salt in the diet.
- Prepare dishes correctly – boil, bake, stew, steam.
- There are fruits and vegetables every day.
- Replace fast carbs with slow ones.
- Consume enough protein – for 1 kg of weight, 1 g of protein.
- Start the day with a glass of water at room temperature and drink at least 2 liters of clean water throughout the day.
- Choose polyunsaturated fats – olive and flaxseed oil, avocados, seeds, fatty fish, nuts.
- There are at least 5 times a day. Last meal 3 hours before bedtime. Try to eat at the same time, chewing food slowly.
- Provide a variety of diets.
Reviews and results
Almost all reviews of good nutrition indicate that compliance with these rules allows you not only to lose weight but also significantly improve your health. In addition, the reviews of those who have lost weight, which describe the results for a month, confirm that by adhering to these rules during this period, you can lose 4-5 kg. In addition, in the reviews of those losing weight, it is noted that it is easier to switch to proper eating than to adhere to strict diets.
As a negative factor, it is noted that it is often difficult to buy a variety of products for a healthy menu. After all, not every store offers an abundance of such products, and not every restaurant provides visitors with a menu that meets the rules of good nutrition.
Many reviews also note the fact that compliance with these rules helps to improve health in many diseases. With such a diet, digestion is improved, and a number of other positive actions are also noted – acne disappears, the severity of symptoms in psoriasis decreases, etc. Examples of such a positive effect are quite common.
If the food pyramid and basic principles are taken into account in the process of forming the menu, such changes will definitely have a positive effect on the state of human health. But it is also important to take into account the individual characteristics of the organism.
It is necessary to understand that the rules of good nutrition should become a way of life, not a temporary phenomenon. From childhood, it is necessary for a child to instill such rules and teach not only to eat rationally but also to practice daily physical activity. Currently, in most modern educational institutions, schoolchildren receive certain knowledge on this topic. They prepare reports and thematic messages using textbooks. However, information about a rational menu should first of all be practically implemented at home. This approach will help to form a correct, adequate food culture, and maintain health.